Security Warning for running PowerShell

Dec 15, 2008 at 4:25 PM
Hi,

Just wondering if someone can help me out.  The SPBackup script runs on one of my server, but not on my client's server.  I keep getting this warning & it's waiting for user input in order for it to run.
Security Warning
Run only scripts that you trust. While scripts from the Internet can be useful, this script can potentially harm your
computer. Do you want to run C:\SPBackup\spbackup.ps1?
[D] Do not run  [R] Run once  [S] Suspend  [?] Help (default is "D"):

Is there something I can do so this will not happen to me?

Thanks for the helps in advance!
JH
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2008 at 6:11 AM
Hello,

The server have a execution policy that restricts the script to run.

Try right-clicking the script in Windows Explorer, choose properties, and uncheck "Blocked"

Powershell scripts should be signed, but most people I know do not do that. You can set the restriction policy to unrestricted to allow downloaded scripts to run on the server. Be carefull though with this option because scripts you download from the internet can be dangerous to run. (Powershell command: Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted)

Regards
Jesper
Dec 16, 2008 at 11:27 PM

Thank you so much Jesper!

Right-click to the script properties works

JH

From: JesperMChristense [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 12:12 AM
To: Jin Hwang
Subject: Re: Security Warning for running PowerShell [spbackup:42342]

Hello,

The server have a execution policy that restricts the script to run.

Try right-clicking the script in Windows Explorer, choose properties, and uncheck "Blocked"

Powershell scripts should be signed, but most people I know do not do that. You can set the restriction policy to unrestricted to allow downloaded scripts to run on the server. Be carefull though with this option because scripts you download from the internet can be dangerous to run. (Powershell command: Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted)

Regards
Jesper

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (spbackup@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email spbackup@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com