Restore Steps

Oct 22, 2008 at 3:40 PM
Hi Jesper,

You have done really great job.
you backup script working like a charm.

however can you please guide me be best possible steps for restore whole backup.

that will be gr8 help for me.

I tried with couple of ways however I got stick with problem during SSP Restore.

Thanks,
Nilang
Apr 28, 2009 at 1:38 PM
I know that this is outside of the scope of the script, but I do think it would be useful to follow through to the end and explain how we recover the files that are backed up with this script.

I am planning to invoke a BCDR scenario where I recover to an alternative front-end web server and an alternative back-end database.
Oct 21, 2009 at 3:28 PM

I know that this post is a year old, but can anyone provide some steps in restoring a site with these files? This tool is wonderful and works like a champ, but it is useless to me if i don't know how to perform a restore using the files that are being backed up. Someone please help me.

Thanks,

msprad

Dec 29, 2009 at 8:54 AM

I agree with this topic.

Please help us to restore from backup for ensuring that script is the better way to backup sharepoint

Thanks for advance,

Michael

May 4, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Nice backup script . Only I don't seem to know how to go about recovering the data thats been saved .

ON a test enviroment of couse ,first i  reload , os then sql 2005 then wss 3.0  then all patches to os,sql,wss.

i got the iis metadata step recovery ok.

not sure about the hive 12  , i asssume it just  drag a drop over the exiting 12-hive folders.

spbackup if i go with  the admin console it does not recover the content database so it reports.

i then presume i must somehow use the ..12/bin/stsadm  command

Could some provide me more clarity on this aspect of the recovery process?

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:07 AM

How to restore failed SP web-application, site collection or site in case of a failure?

Can you please provide ANY help on "how to make the data collected by this script useful"?